How to delete CCTV footage? Here is the solution to manually delete CCTV recordings. But remember that deleting CCTV videos is a crime. If you want to delete CCTV recordings, it must be yours.
Can We Delete the CCTV Recordings?
Yes, we can regularly delete the CCTV recordings, but you must be the owner of the security administration. You need to delete the old CCTV footage when the SD card or NVR / DVR is full, and you can also choose the automatic option when you are too busy. This option is available on cameras without subscription.
And you can use the BitWipe Data Wipe for Storage Device for completely delete the CCTV footage. It is one of the best tool to erase CCTV recordings from the hard drive. This tool is capable to erase data from computers, laptops & other digital devices without any interruption.
If you want to know how this tool works and its features, you can try its free version. After that, you can buy the licensed version if you are satisfied.
Complete Solution to Delete Recordings from CCTV camera
How to delete CCTV recording from hard drive for better understanding? Watch the live video.
- First you have to Download and Run the tool on your machine.
- Then, you have to check the Logical Drives option.
- Third, you have to click on the Wipe options, two options are appear on the software panel choose any one as per your requirement.
Free Space (for deleting data to free space)
Total Space ( all data will be deleted from the CCTC camera)
- Then, click on the Drives option, select a drive to wipe data.
- Then, all the information of the unit will be displayed on the screen automatically. Select the files you need to remove from the CCTV footage.
- To delete specific data (Date to Date) and overwrite data text, Press the filter option.
- After that, choose the wiping option >> Wipe tab.
- Finally, The software will show you the warning option to continue by clicking the Yes button.
Here in this blog you can see more different ways to delete CCTV recordings.
Can someone remove surveillance footage by hacking?
Today, high-quality IP cameras from leading CCTV camera brands come with SSL encryption to encrypt the video stream and surveillance footage, WPA2-AES encryption to protect users’ WiFi network, & SSL-TLS to provide data encryption & authentication secure video sources are sent over insecure networks.
And there is no point in hacking the cameras!
This is why: Some IP cameras can give a very loud alarm if you try to tamper with them. And camera owners can set up email alerts that can send photos or video clips to their phone or FTP server. That way they know immediately if something happens.
However, if you have administrator privileges, it’s a different story.
You can delete CCTV camera recording as you like, mainly in the following 3 ways.
Method 1: How to Erase Security Camera Recordings from SD Card?
If you use an external SD card to record surveillance camera videos, you can easily delete CCTV camera footage. If you need to delete certain individual clips, you need to remove the SD card from the camera and insert it into a card reader.
To format and delete CCTV videos from an SD card, you need to:
- In the Internet Explorer browser, enter the IP address of the camera and the administrator username and password. To know the IP address of the camera, use the manufacturer’s scanner to find it.
- Go to Settings > Storage section.
- Check the SD card and click Format to delete all recorded videos.
But now you also remove SD card recordings direct from the mobile application. Connect the camera with the application and go to the settings > Format SD card button.
Method 2: How to Delete Security Camera Footage from DVR / NVR?
- Using a VGI or HDMI, connect your DVR/NVR to a monitor / TV.
- Sign in to the admin account & password, click the setting option.
- Tap to the storage device. Format the HDD to remove all of your camera’s recordings (videos & photos), use a HDD.
Method 3: How to Delete CCTV Recordings from cloud storage?
This is the best method to save your data (without any risk to lose data).
- You need to sign in to your account & access cloud storage.
- Open the app of the cloud storage.
- To see recorded videos of your IP security camera, go to the recording page.
- Choose the video you want to delete > delete icon.
Note – Every cloud storage app is different.
We explained to you different ways to delete CCTV recordings from the HDD. All methods are different to delete footage from the different storage spaces. So we hope this article will useful for you.