Email has revolutionized the way we communicate with each other. It is an indispensable tool that we use every day to stay in touch with our friends, family, and colleagues. However, as our inboxes get flooded with emails, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep them organized. One common issue that many email users face is the presence of duplicate emails. Duplicate emails can clutter your inbox and make it harder to find important messages. Fortunately, there is a way to remove duplicate emails in Thunderbird, and this blog will show you how to do it with proper headers.
Thunderbird is a trusted email client in many large and small businesses, but no one pays attention. As a recommended approach take backup of Thunderbird email before doing any deletion process. It sometimes makes a copy of constantly email, which can cause some problems. Here in this article, I will show you an easy way to remove duplicate emails from Thunderbird account.
Why Is It Necessary to Remove Duplicate Emails in Thunderbird?
Having a duplicate email or two on a personal PC has no particular impact. But if it happens in big industry, then it will have more impact. There is a possibility of getting duplicate spam emails when you transfer mailbox from Thunderbird to another email client like MS Outlook.
What Are The Reasons for Duplicate Emails?
These errors appear suddenly and by the time the user understands them, the save is complete. Here we point out some problems.
- Random User Activity: If your Thunderbird has more than one sub-folder and copying emails to different folders, it may cause problem for you.
- Sender Side Error: If for some reason the sender kept sending the same email or slowing down the server, Thunderbird will save the duplicate email after receiving the first email.
- Server Problem: When it comes to communication, the server is such a hub that all e-mail clients use in some way. But sometimes it starts behaving irrelevantly due to some problem. And it keeps downloading the same email repeatedly.
How to Manually Remove Duplicate Emails from Thunderbird?
Step 1: Open Thunderbird for Removing Duplicate Emails
The first step is to open Thunderbird. If you haven’t installed it yet, you can download it from the official Thunderbird website.
Step 2: Select the Folder
Once you have opened Thunderbird, select the folder that contains the duplicate emails you want to remove. For example, if you want to remove duplicate emails from your inbox, select the inbox folder.
Step 3: Sort the Emails
Next, you need to sort the emails by their headers. To do this, click on the column header that you want to sort by. For example, if you want to sort by the date header, click on the “Date” column header.
Step 4: Find the Duplicate Emails
After sorting the emails, you need to find the duplicate emails. To do this, look for emails that have the same header information. For example, if you sorted the emails by the “Date” header, look for emails with the same date.
Step 5: Select the Duplicate Emails
Once you have identified the duplicate emails, you need to select them. To do this, hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard and click on each duplicate email.
Step 6: Delete the Duplicate Emails in Thunderbird
Finally, you can delete the duplicate emails. To do this, right-click on any of the selected emails and click on “Delete” option.
How to Remove Duplicate Emails from Thunderbird?
As I said, there is a manual procedure available to remove all duplicate emails from Thunderbird using a Add-ons.
- Open your Thunderbird on your PC
- Go to the Tool tab and choose Add-ons.
- The Plug-in tab manager will open and then choose the plugin on the left sidebar.
- Go to the search box and type “Remove Duplicates”, then hit the search button
- Find “Remove Duplicate Messages” and then click the Install button to add this Add-on to Thunderbird.
- When the installation is complete, press the “Restart Now” button to reopen Thunderbird.
- To verify plugin activation, repeat the process and enable my plugin. Or go to the extension option in the Add-ons Manager tab.
- Now go back to your account section and right click on the folder >> Select “Remove Duplicates”.
- A popup opens if there is a duplicate email available in your inbox; otherwise, it displays a confirmation message saying “NO duplicate messages found.”
So I think you fully understood “how to delete multiple emails in Thunderbird”. It is a very easy and safe way to remove duplicate emails from Thunderbird. If in doubt, feel free to ask the question.