How to Backup IMAP Account? It is the most common query that is being searched by users on Google nowadays to download IMAP emails. If you are also looking for the same solution. And want to archive IMAP folders to local PC, then try this most assured automated solution i.e. IMAP backup tool to save your emails from IMAP account in an easy way. Let’s take a brief look of IMAP and its advantages. Also, the reasons to migrate IMAP to local storage, and other reasons to backup IMAP emails.
How to Save IMAP Emails – Overview of IMAP
IMAP is referred as Internet Message Access Protocol. Which is also known as standard email protocol to retrieve email messages from email servers. This protocol is widely used by various email clients to receive emails over a TCP / IP connection. Generally, the IMAP works on port number 143 and has been assigned port number 993 to IMAP over SSL. IMAP lets user to download IMAP account to hard drive or computer. Using IMAP Host number, Port Number, username and password.
Nowadays, all latest email clients and webmails support IMAP server to get email messages from server. Some of the popular webmail email clients are Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, Email.com, Rediffmail, etc. Apart from it, most of the email clients also supports IMAP to access emails. In those email clients such as Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Lotus Notes, Windows Live Mail, Zimbra, etc.
How to Download IMAP Emails Locally in Few Minutes?
Solution to Export Emails from IMAP Server to Various Formats
Use RecoveryTools IMAP webmail backup tool to export emails from IMAP server to various file formats. Which has the separate option to backup IMAP server emails into the local computer. The only thing required is email account credentials, IMAP host, and IMAP port number. This IMAP backup software saves IMAP account data to PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, MBOX, PDF, HTML, MHT, XPS, RTF, DOC, Windows Live Mail, Lotus Notes, Zimbra, Thunderbird, Office 365, Gmail, G Suite, Outlook.com, Yahoo, Rediffmail, etc. formats, so users can select any format to restore IMAP backup.
Download the free trial for Windows from below link:
Download the free trial for Mac OS from below link (features may vary):
Advantages of Using IMAP Emails Downloader Software
- Successfully export emails from IMAP to 15+ file formats or webmail.
- Allows users to copy IMAP folders to IMAP directly without any loss of data.
- Provides 100% secure conversion for the selected IMAP file.
- Preserves file and folder structure of IMAP even after the download process.
- This tool enables user to backup emails from any webmail or cloud based email clients to your PC.
- 5+ File naming options are available which allows to save the file at desired location.
- Advance Filter for users to save IMAP emails locally.
How to Backup IMAP Account Via IMAP Backup Tool?
Following are the easy steps to export save emails from IMAP account:
- Download IMAP Backup Tool and choose IMAP Server option from the list of Email Source.
- Now, enter your email account credentials such as Email Address & Password. Also, IMAP details such as IMAP Host and IMAP Port No. After filling all information, click on Login button.
- In few seconds, the tool analyse entire IMAP data and shown IMAP folders. Now, choose your desired IMAP folders which you wants to backup.
- Choose desired File Saving option to download IMAP emails into desired format.
- You can also set Advance Filter to backup selective IMAP emails and press Backup
- In few moments, the IMAP backup process ends and pops up a message. That, your IMAP data has been successfully saved in desired file format at desired file location.
How to Export Emails from Multiple IMAP accounts ?
Major features of the IMAP Backup Wizard Software:
Backup IMAP Mailboxes
This tool efficiently saves single as well as multiple IMAP mailboxes to a specified location. It can add any IMAP account and completes the backup in just three steps. The software interface provides an option for entering the server name and port number informations. For, multiple IMAP Servers to download IMAP emails.
Bulk Mailbox Backup with CSV
The utility allows using a CSV file for the addition of multiple IMAP mailboxes for backup. Users need to add details like server name, user name, and password for all the mailboxes in CSV file and then they can import it directly to the software.
Supports Multiple IMAP Servers
With this tool, users can download mailboxes from IMAP Servers like Yahoo, Gmail, G Suite, Amazon WorkMail, AOL, Zimbra, Outlook.com, Office365.com, Zoho Mail, etc. quite easily.
Backup to Different File Formats
The software lets users to choose the file type in which they want to backup the added IMAP mailbox. The archiving options available are PST, DOC, DOCX, EML, MSG, MHT, HTML, and PDF file formats.
Secure IMAP Backup
The IMAP mailbox backup with this software is very secure. It does not hamper the hierarchy of mailboxes during or after backup. All data is backup with its metadata and properties.
Offers Incremental Backup
The IMAP backup tool provides an option for incremental backup. It means that the software skips the already backed up mailbox items. Then exports only the additional data if you want to do so.
Overall, whenever it is required to backup emails from IMAP account or IMAP server. It is recommended to use IMAP backup tool to archive emails in few moments. It has intuitive interface which enables non-technical users to use free backup tool. And download IMAP emails to computer by saving it into desired file formats.